Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Come To Momma

Sometimes, life can be a little hectic. I'm not sure if this is how God originally intended things. I wonder how much of it is us choosing to take on too much?

I for one am just a little busy. I volunteered to oversee all the billeting for an upcoming youth conference. So, I have been busy finding hosts and contacting youth leaders to billet approx. 200 youth!! I can't help myself................ I LOVE youth, and want to do whatever I can to see them advance into their destinies. I guess it comes from being a spiritual mom.

We are all called to be mothers. The world is desperate for those who carry the compassionate heart of Jesus. We don't have to have earthly children to be a spiritual mom. We just have to want to see someone excel and advance beyond where we are. We just have to welcome them with open arms and offer encouragement and advice ONLY when asked.

Women, take a few moments in this week to ask God to "set you up" with some divine appointments where you can pour out His love to someone who needs a nurturer.

We as women carry this gift and it is unique to us................ we have to let it out and share it to more than just our children.

What are you waiting for? To be perfect first? To have it all together with your own kids first? NO!!! Just be willing to let Him flow through your life, cracks, weaknesses and all. You'll be surprised at how great it feels.

I leave you with 2 scriptures to get you thinking, and believing that He can use even you.

My grace is enough; it's all you need. My strength comes into its own in your weakness. Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ's strength moving in on my weakness. 2 Cor 12:9- the Message

He who refreshes others will himself be refreshed. Prov. 11:25

1 comment:

Shari said...

Yes. I spent most of my life, so far, waiting to be perfect. But, a counselor, on the radio, finally convinced me that God can use me now - the way I am. I think most women probably don't want us perfect. They want to know that we've had similar struggles.