Saturday, May 12, 2007
Today is day 21. Would love to hear in the comments of how its been for you. I've been following your journey on your blogs and I am blessed to hear your honest hearts and see Him showing and teaching you new things and new perspectives.
You are finished today. Right before Mother's Day, a day where women are honored. Bless you mighty woman of God.
This will probably be the last post for me on this site. I think I'll just stick to my one site now. Unless God has other plans for me.
Today I am grateful for
1. The 21 Day Reformation. It has started me on a new way of thinking. God has taken these dedicated times to transform my mind and how I think. I can already see the fruit and I know so much more is coming for me.
2. Old friends and new friends. Nothing like friends. Especially those who are good listeners and those who love you , warts and all.
4. Flowers, any kind, love them.
5. Cute little puppies, love their soft ears.
6. The promise of Spring and new life that comes with it.
Tuesday, May 8, 2007
I for one am just a little busy. I volunteered to oversee all the billeting for an upcoming youth conference. So, I have been busy finding hosts and contacting youth leaders to billet approx. 200 youth!! I can't help myself................ I LOVE youth, and want to do whatever I can to see them advance into their destinies. I guess it comes from being a spiritual mom.
We are all called to be mothers. The world is desperate for those who carry the compassionate heart of Jesus. We don't have to have earthly children to be a spiritual mom. We just have to want to see someone excel and advance beyond where we are. We just have to welcome them with open arms and offer encouragement and advice ONLY when asked.
Women, take a few moments in this week to ask God to "set you up" with some divine appointments where you can pour out His love to someone who needs a nurturer.
We as women carry this gift and it is unique to us................ we have to let it out and share it to more than just our children.
What are you waiting for? To be perfect first? To have it all together with your own kids first? NO!!! Just be willing to let Him flow through your life, cracks, weaknesses and all. You'll be surprised at how great it feels.
I leave you with 2 scriptures to get you thinking, and believing that He can use even you.
My grace is enough; it's all you need. My strength comes into its own in your weakness. Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ's strength moving in on my weakness. 2 Cor 12:9- the Message
He who refreshes others will himself be refreshed. Prov. 11:25
Saturday, May 5, 2007
Some have endured tremendous hardship, and disappointment, and yet you have turned to the Father and received your strength from Him. I am proud of you. All of you are Overcomer's!
Here is what I am grateful for this Gratitude Saturday!
- Oooodles of types wildflowers splashed all over the mountains
- Apple blossoms and lilacs
- That God let me see an eagle and 5 deer on my walk yesterday
- The privilege of leading worship
- An awesome worship team full of people 1/2 my age! (mentoring again!)
- My mind that is being daily renewed
- The colors of spring
- Bethesda group home who cares for my sweet pea just like I do
- My hardworking man, who loves treating me like a princess
- The kindness of God
- An army of mighty women, on a Reformation who will advance His kingdom and fulfill their God given destinies. Yah women of God!!! You are mighty warriors!
Wednesday, May 2, 2007
Three sons left home, went out on their own and prospered. Getting back together, they discussed the gifts they were able to give their elderly mother.
The first said, "I built a big house for our mother."
The second said, "I sent her a Mercedes with a driver."
The third smiled and said, "I've got you, both beat. You know how Mom enjoys the Bible, and you know she can't see very well. I sent her a brown parrot that can recite the entire Bible. It took 20 monks in a monastery 12 years to teach him. I had to pledge to contribute $100,000.00 a year for 10 years, but it was worth it. Mom just has to name the chapter and verse, and the parrot will recite it."
Soon thereafter, Mom sent out her letters of thanks to her sons.
"Milton," she wrote the first son, "The house you built is so huge. I live in only one room, but I have to clean the whole house."
"Marvin," she wrote to another, "I am too old to travel. I stay home all the time, so I never use the Mercedes. And the driver is so rude!"
"Dearest Melvin," she wrote to her third son, "You were the only son to have the good sense to know what your mother likes. That chicken was delicious!"
I thought you Reformers could use a little laugh. Keep pressing in, and remember He doesn't care if you feel weak. He came to be your Saviour.
PS- I hope my kids build me a big house, with a pool and a hot tub!
Tuesday, May 1, 2007
1 Live creatively, friends. If someone falls into sin, forgivingly restore him, saving your critical comments for yourself. You might be needing forgiveness before the day's out. 2 Stoop down and reach out to those who are oppressed. Share their burdens, and so complete Christ's law. 3 If you think you are too good for that, you are badly deceived. 4 Make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been given, and then sink yourself into that. Don't be impressed with yourself. Don't compare yourself with others. 5 Each of you must take responsibility for doing the creative best you can with your own life. 6 Be very sure now, you who have been trained to a self-sufficient maturity, that you enter into a generous common life with those who have trained you, sharing all the good things that you have and experience. 7 Don't be misled: No one makes a fool of God. What a person plants, he will harvest. The person who plants selfishness, ignoring the needs of others - ignoring God! - 8 harvests a crop of weeds. All he'll have to show for his life is weeds! But the one who plants in response to God, letting God's Spirit do the growth work in him, harvests a crop of real life, eternal life.
9 So let's not allow ourselves to get fatigued doing good. At the right time we will harvest a good crop if we don't give up, or quit. 10Right now, therefore, every time we get the chance, let us work for the benefit of all, starting with the people closest to us in the community of faith.
Life with Jesus is a journey. Sometimes we can become discouraged with our progress.
We have to remember that in the natural the sowing a reaping process takes months or years. So why do we expect immediate results? I think its because of the society we live in. Everything is instant and immediate.
Kingdom work and disciplines are not always like that. We have to almost imagine ourselves as an oak tree or something to remember that the choices we make today, to partner with God, will be evident in the future.
So, for all those who are weary in doing good, don't give up, and remember you are planting seeds of righteousness for your future and your children's futures.
Friday, April 27, 2007
This day, this very special day, is my oldest daughter's Birthday. Today, she is no longer a teenager, but a young woman. Today she is 20. So my entire post is all about my gratitude for having her in my life. It seems like just yesterday I was carrying her in my arms and giggling with joy at her infant stages. I wish I could have one of those days back, they pass all too quickly. Please excuse me today if I brag, but she is one of my greatest assets!
Alyssa Jennifer (Alyssa Pooh, Pooh Bear, Sweet Pea) I am grateful for and love:
- Your beautiful smile
- Your kind heart towards others in need
- How you display servant leadership
- The strong prophetic gift within you
- Your intense love for God and desire to be His disciple
- Your choice in friends
- Your gift of mentoring and encouraging younger teenage girls and planning hang out nights just for them
- Your cute bubble butt (sorry sweetie, but you know its cute)
- Your striking blue eyes
- That you call me to tell me how your day is going
- That you invite me for coffee
- Your creative heart and love for painting and colors
- How you express your love for me in cards
- How you treasure your special sister
- How you can reach Matt in his language and a way that he understands
- That you LOVE to talk to me...... did I say LOVE, I mean LOVE (its what I asked God for!!)
- Your romantic heart
- That you are saving yourself for that one really special guy
- That you love the outdoors
- That you love trying new things
- Your incredible ability to learn and excel at school
- That you are an extravagant worshiper and a closet dancer
- Your sense for style, and the desire to dress modestly
- How you make me try new fashion
- That you adore your Dad, and see all his strengths
- How you can do your hair in so many unique adorable ways
- That you are intensely passionate about almost everything in your life
- Your zest and exuberance for life period
- That you love having fun, being silly, and watching old movies
I love everything about you.
You are all I ever dreamed of in a daughter and I consider myself unbelievably blessed to think that you came from your dad and I.
I am rich and full of love and gratitude this day; everyday, forever and always.
Thursday, April 26, 2007
"April 26, 2007: You have been in a critical time in which your motives, attitudes, and decisions have become seeds that will reap an extraordinary harvest. You are now emerging from this time and will be able to see clearly the results of your thoughts and actions as your inner man is revealed by the light of My presence, says the Lord. Do not despair when you see your flaws and imperfections. This light of correction will cause you to be purified and will ultimately make you stronger. Proverbs 3:11-12 My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD, nor detest His correction; for whom the LORD loves He corrects, just as a father the son in whom he delights."
Here is the version of this same verse from The Message
How exciting!! The Father's delight is behind ALL this. He is behind your journey of Reformation. Can you feel Him? Can you hear Him whispering in your ear? Keep going beloved, I am behind you, I am with You, I will teach you and instruct you on this journey........... and it WILL bear fruit.
Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." Is. 30:21
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you. Ps. 32:8
I can tell you all that, now on this 3rd journey of Reformation, I am already seeing that seeds that I planted with Him, they are growing. I can feel a difference, and I know the plants will grow and bear fruit.
Be encouraged that you are on a life-changing journey, and although you may have set-backs, or as I have said in my past posts, you fall off the wagon.......... just wipe the dust back off your feet and legs, and get back on!
There is only one rule on this journey of Reformation............ No Blame and No Shame. That's right, no BS. Blame and shame do not come from Him, so whenever you feel it, reject it, and tell the enemy to get behind you........ and look ahead to what He is saying in the moment, they will always be words of encouragement, instruction for growth, and hope.