Sunday, April 22, 2007

A New Beginning!!!

Welcome Brand New Reformation Team!!

This is my 3rd journey on a 21 Day Reformation. Many of the past Reformation team will be joining you, and we are sooooo excited to have new friends walking, and talking together.

This will be called Army Of Women on a Reformation.

What is God speaking to you for this 21 Day Journey???? What kind of Reformation is He speaking to you about? Leave your comments and share your heart.

If you are unsure about this journey, go to my old posts called How To Start or What Is Reformation.

This week some of us were dialogging about the word Reformation, and my friend Cheryl gave this awesome insight. I found it so amazing that the word Reformation and Redeem are connected. God is the only one who can take us at face value, weakness and all, and when we choose to partner with Him, He can redeem all that has been lost or in error. Thank God!!


Lord, take our humble hearts on this first day, take us and make us like you. We confess that we cannot change by ourselves, we need you to step in and Redeem and Reform us. We are willing to choose to dedicate these days to listening to Your Spirit and following Your lead.

Yes, Reformation is the right word. As I was reading, I also thought about "redeem" and I looked it up. Jesus DEFINITELY fits the definition as our Redeemer!! One aspect was “to change for the better (Reform)” Cool!!

REDEEM: transitive verb

1 a: to buy back: REPURCHASE b: to get or win back
2: to free from what distresses or harms: as a: to free from captivity by payment of ransom b: to extricate from or help to overcome something detrimental c: to release from blame or debt: CLEAR d: to free from the consequences of sin
3 to change for the better: REFORM
4 REPAIR, RESTORE
5 a: to free from a lien by payment of an amount secured thereby b (1): to remove the obligation of by payment (the United States Treasury redeems savings bonds on demand) (2): to exchange for something of value (redeem trading stamps) c: to make good: FULFILL
6 a: to atone for: EXPIATE (redeem an error) b(1): to offset the bad effect of (2): to make worthwhile: RETRIEVE
synonym: RESCUE

I found it so amazing that the word Reformation and Redeem are connected. God is the only one who can take us at face value, weakness and all, and when we choose to partner with Him, He can redeem all that has been lost or is weak or broken. Thank God!!

Lord, take our humble hearts on this first day, take us and make us like you. We confess that we cannot change by ourselves, we need you to step in and Redeem and Reform us. We are willing to choose to dedicate these days to listening to Your Spirit and following Your lead. Redeem, Repair, Restore,Rescue, and Reform us!!

5 comments:

redeemed diva said...

Hey Cheryl,
I'm in! Day One started with a bang! Read about it on my blog. Thanks for hosting this. I'll let my friends know to sign in here so that we can find out how many are Reforming. It'd be cool If we had 21 women or more.
God bless

Anonymous said...

That would be so cool Holly!!!!

I'm off to read your post. I started off with a bang today too.

Nana Cheryl said...

I'm in. Working on my post for today now. :o)
Lord: Redeem, Repair, Restore, Rescue, and Reform us!!

redeemed diva said...

OK, this is for my friends who I've begged and pleaded with to sign in here. This is what the sign in looks like:
Hello, my name is Holly and I''m... haha!
Simply put:
Name:Holly
Reforming: Habit of complaining into a habit of thankfulness

Sign in so I know who's doing what and I can keep you in prayer!
Love to all my fellow reformers.

Rhonda said...

Hey girl, I nominated you for the Thinking Blogger Award, check it out on my blog.