Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Spreading Like Wildfire

Well, I'm really not sure what day I'm on. I think maybe 2. I haven't cared so much about accomplishing a 21Day assignment as much as I know God is making me conscious about my words and the attitudes of my heart. He is creating in me a clean heart, and reordering my speech.

Soak me in your laundry and I'll come out clean, scrub me and I'll have a snow-white life.Tune me in to foot-tapping songs, set these once-broken bones to dancing.Don't look too close for blemishes, give me a clean bill of health. God, make a fresh start in me, shape a Genesis week from the chaos of my life. Ps.51- The Message


Most of the "switching the bracelet" has occurred while parenting my son, and random incidents where I am impatient. God is really showing me some nice stinky stuff in my heart! Thank goodness for His blood and His power to redeem!

Our family is really enjoying spending time after supper telling one another 2 things we really appreciate about each other. Anyone else who happens to join us for dinner, gets to participate as well. We can see great fruit in it already! Thank you God for helping us to focus on good things.

Many people know what the bracelet is about, and last night, my friend Graham if he could have by bracelet to wear, as he felt like complaining. It was hilarious seeing a strong man wearing a purple and green "blingy" bracelet.

I am amazed at how wearing a simple little bracelet sparks easy conversations about our speech and motives in our hearts. This would normally be a difficult topic to bring up.
I am grateful for this fact, and that we can all laugh about it, all the while seeing God illuminate things in our hearts.

The topic of watching our words, and how they flow from our hearts, seems to be spreading like wildfire. Lord, let your Holy Spirit burn like wild fire and remind us of Your ways. Burn away the chaff in our hearts, and teach us to think kingdom thoughts.

Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious - the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Phil. 4:8 - The Message

No comments: