Monday, April 23, 2007

Called To Declare - Day 2

I have been pondering what makes women so unique. There are many things.
One thing is very clear to me, even more since joining the blogging world. Women have the gift of gab.

God reminded me of the scripture found in 1 Peter 2:

But you are A CHOSEN RACE, A royal PRIESTHOOD, A HOLY NATION, A PEOPLE FOR {God's} OWN POSSESSION, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; NAS

But you are chosen people. You are the King's priests. You are a holy nation of people. You are people who belong to God. God chose you to tell about the wonderful things he has done. He called (brought) you out of darkness (sin) into his wonderful light.

We know how to work with words, we love them. God has given us this gift to use to declare His goodness. The enemy wants to distract us from our rightful calling to declare by trying to lure our attention to the negative. This is a huge trap for us women.

For me, this often starts when I experience or see injustice. Somehow, I think I have the right to judge, and then eventually state my opinion. (even if it is only under my breath)
On this journey of Reformation, I am choosing to agree with my rightful calling to be a woman who DECLARES His goodness, His love, His mercy, and the truth of His word.
I am choosing to shut down the negative self-talk, or negative dialog that somehow manages to float into my mind. Instead I will choose to remind myself and declare His goodness not only over myself, but over every situation and everyone I think about.

We can choose to declare every day, even when we do not see things changing. This is where our faith comes in. Choose life today.

"Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, that you and your descendants might live!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm with you, Cheryl! I am SO ready to climb out of this muck and seek my purpose in God's kingdom. I CHOOSE to believe I am here for a reason and that God knows where I'll end up. I CHOOSE to remind myself daily that I am made in HIS image and am covered in HIS blood. Thank you for the reminder today and know that I'm posting it all over my house and in my heart! You're a blessing to me, Cheryl. Thank you for everything.

Anonymous said...

You are a blessing too Joy!!
You are an overcomer! And God is smiling as you post reminders of His goodness all over your house!!
You are called to declare!

redeemed diva said...

Hi Cheryl,
Thanks for starting this thing. Already so much has happened in my heart and life. I'm off to write my post today about His goodness but just had to say that I love what you wrote about women. We do have the gift of gab. And it makes me think of the Proverb that talks about the "law of kindness is on her tongue" or the NT truth that admonishes the older women to teach the younger women about how to be wives and mothers. My generation so needs that. I wish I could convey to every woman over 40 how desperate us 20 somethings are for a spiritual mother who will come along side and say, "I am going to DECLARE His goodness and His mighty works." When I read what you wrote, I was so encouraged because I felt like you were imparting instruction to me...but not in a way that was,"OK, Holly, here's how you need to follow Christ." Instead you said,"Here's what God's Word says I should do. Now I'm doing it. Watch me do it. And now it's your turn."
It's like what Paul said,"Follow me as I follow Christ."
I'm excited to find out what God's REALLY up to with this 21 days--part of me suspects that He's starting to wake women up. Did you ever read the prophetic word I had about women on my blog--the post date is April 11 after the post about my brother. It's rather insightful to this whole thing.
Anyway, just gotta say, I love this and I'm glad to be sharing in the journey with you.

redeemed diva said...

Oh, here are the names of the other 9 women who have signed up and are learning the ropes of the blogging thing. Just wanted to let you and others know who they are so that we can stand with them in faith:
Keri-freedom from fear
Tracy-restoration of marriage and more time with God
Nicollette-renewing her mind to who God says she is
Lisa-frustrated attitudes towards life and children http://exploitsofmommyhood.blogspot.com/ Leave a comment for encouragement
Andrea-believing God for financial turn around and the practical element of not eating out for the next 21 days
Christine-tackling her mindset of fear of failure, fear of success
Denise-hasn't written me with hers yet
Martha- hasn't written me with hers yet
Ivy-using words of praise instead of swearing or cursing
Everyone has something unique to their lives. God is good and this should be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

Jen said...

Cheryl

I love and agree with your post today.
God is really showing me the different aspects that separate us as women....we went to see Jesse Duplantis last night....LOVE THAT MAN!!!!

He even touched on women stuff....I will use it in my post later.
I love being a woman....all of our "quirks" all that makes us unique...all there for HIS purpose!!!

Anonymous said...

So excited to have you all be a part of what God is speaking to women. He is rallying a great army.

Look forward to reading everyone's posts! And I am thrilled to have new friends along the journey.

Anonymous said...

Jen, Where was Jesse Duplantis?

Jen said...

Jesse was in Brampton...flew in for the night, and out again right after the service. I guess he was there two years ago too. Christian Family Church...female pastor, SUE.
Seemed to be a very dynamic church...Jesse really has a respect for this pastor. I personally have not sat under a female pastor in years, I thought it was rather symbolic of what we are all hearing, seeing doing right now.

Amy said...

Holly,
I agree 100% about us "younger" (i'm moving outta that)...woman need "older" (no Cheryl..you aren't OLD) woman to teach us along the way.
Cheryl has always been that to me. And it's never been so much about her sitting me down and saying "now this is what needs to be done.." but rather me watching her as she serves her family and church, friends etc. She is an excellent example!!

I miss you Cheryl.

Anonymous said...

I miss you too Amy, thanks for the kind words.
Recently I have read a book that helps you find and understand your strengths. One of mine is to be able to mentor others. It brings me great joy.
I don't feel old in this, but instead honored.

Jen, How cool is that to hear a strong confidant Christian woman leader! I think there is more coming!!!